This isn’t the first time I’ve tried to keep a blog. I’m not sure that I’ve ever done it successfully. Sometimes I will manage a few months, but more often it’s only a few days and then nothing for ages, until another post like this one appears.
I am reluctant to make any claims about what this will become, about my hopes or aims. This may be the post that is finally the start of a regular blog, or it may be the last you hear from me for another six months. So instead, I’ll write about why I want to keep a blog so much.
There are a few reasons:
1. When I’m doing it, I enjoy it.
2. This is my only platform to put ideas and thoughts into the world, outside my books.
3. I want you to buy my books and this might be a good way to convince you.
Although I don’t want to make any big plans for what this blog is going to be, there are a couple of things I’m doing differently this time, which I hope will either make the difference, or lessen my embarrassment if it doesn’t work out.
1. I am not publicising this. If you are reading this in March 2019 then I’m not sure how. I have hidden the blog on my website and am not pushing this out to Twitter.
2. I am only committing to March 2019. This is an experiment. I will post every weekday in March and at the end of the month decide whether I want to keep going.
I don’t know what I’m going to be writing about here. The things that interest me and the things that are going on in my life. You might find some of it interesting, you might comment or share things. You might decide that you’d like to try one of my books, or short stories. Ultimately though, I hope that I have a good time doing it.